Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Haverstraw Bay. NY

Sharon and Jon Morris



Kate The Great


Sharon, Jon-boy, Kate, and Jon

While we were in Haverstraw Bay we were joined by Don's sister and her family.


Kate, and Jon (the giant) were so much fun! We loved having them come and meet us. It was the first time we inflated the dingy, the first time we went swimming, and the first time we had 6 people sleeping on the boat. Havershaw Bay was the biggest marina we have ever been in.......
1,000 slips. The Morris family noticed the size of the boats and the number of BMWs, Lexises, Lincolns, and Mercedes in the parking lot. I couldn't believe the docking fee...$117 per night. On the other hand it appeared to be a luxury country club with a huge pool and restaurant attached. It is so stinking HOT and HUMID that we couldn't wait to jump in the pool.




This was a first time sailing experience for the Morris family. Here are some comments:


Jon-Boy (8) "It's awesome!" Kate (11) "I LOVE it and I want a boat!" Sharon (age unpublished) "It's very relaxing and I love the GPS and plotting program!" and Jon (the giant) "The beds are too short, I broke my toe in the cockpit, and I sat up in bed and gave myself a concussion. Ouch!!!" (But secretly he loved it.)




Even with all that we had a great day of sailing, swimming, and visiting. We also loved Aunt Kim's coffee cake and pie. (Thanks Kim.)

No comments:

Post a Comment